iRest – Integrative Restoration Yoga Nidra for Deep Relaxation ~ Available Now!
Now is your chance to learn about iRest Yoga Nidra from the comfort of your own home!
Visit https://www.thegreatcourses.com/iRest to learn more and to register for this course!
We spend so much of our lives obsessing over everything that’s changing or that needs fixing. How can you stay connected to your inner peace despite something as commonplace as workplace stress or as life-altering as post-traumatic stress disorder? More important: How can you achieve this goal in a way that’s easy to integrate into your already-demanding day?
Enter the form of secular, research-based mindfulness known as Integrative Restoration (or iRest®), whose roots go back more than 2,000 years to an ancient form of meditation called yoga nidra (Sanskrit for “yoga of sleep”). Unlike many forms of meditation, the benefits of iRest® are grounded with legitimate research and have been validated through significant evidence. It has proven so effective that the U.S. military uses it extensively.
From the first class on, you’ll be introduced to the science behind why and how this practice is effective for addressing challenges including insomnia, trauma, stress, pain, and more. This guided meditation practice has helped special operations troops improve their resiliency, executives manage stress, cancer patients cope with pain, and trauma survivors experience safety and healing.
Through the techniques of iRest®, you can start your journey toward inner peace not as some lofty idea but as a first-hand experience. This form of meditation:
- teaches you to live from a place where positive thoughts, words, and deeds arise naturally,
- uncovers a way of living where every moment is paired with its perfect response, and
- empowers you to stay connected to a state of awareness despite life’s challenges.
Learn the Steps to Inner Peace
While some forms of meditation require you to shut out the world around you, iRest® practice gives you the opportunity to be proactive with your physical sensations, emotions, and thoughts. It allows you to treat them as messengers informing you of what wants to be seen and heard inside of yourself and in the world.
At the heart of iRest® is a focus on the 10 steps of yoga nidra adapted by clinical psychologist and yogic scholar Richard Miller. These 10 steps are the backbone of Ms. Birkholm’s course, and they provide you with a comprehensive and comfortable path through the entire meditation process.
An Empowered (and Empowering) Experience
In this course you’re going to learn:
- The 10 key steps involved in a successful iRest Yoga Nidra practice session.
- How to welcome painful emotions and feelings instead of fighting them.
- How to use the practice of iRest Yoga Nidra to help with stress, pain relief, and achieving better sleep.
- How to practice different breathing methods as a way to influence your meditation practice.
- An opportunity to work on achieving an inner peace in which all sense of self dissolves.
This course includes 24 classes — 12 lectures and 12 practices — that you can do at your own pace. They’re available as video downloads, audio downloads and in DVD and CD format! You can also download the course guidebook to further enhance your learning and use it to follow along with the rest of the course!
To sign up for this course today, visit https://www.thegreatcourses.com/iRest